Website Content and Right to Change
The University of Massachusetts Medical School makes every effort to ensure that the content presented on the SNEPTN Website is current and accurate. However, the University of Massachusetts Medical School cannot guarantee that the material is accurate, complete, or appropriate for a particular purpose.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of the SNEPTN Website, including:
- Information you provide to us, which may include: Organization/Practice Name, address phone number, email.
- Information we collect as you navigate through the site, including usage details, IP address, and cookies.
- Information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners or agents, which may include your name of practice, address, email, medical license number.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the SNEPTN Website. This includes information provided at the time of enrollment in the SNEPTN program, including subscribing for services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you sign up for an event or report a problem with the SNEPTN Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Any information you choose to share in a public forum cannot in any way be kept private. Think carefully about the information you choose to share in any SNEPTN public forum. Others can access this information and use it for purposes outside of the SNEPTN’s purview.
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies
- Usage Details and IP Addresses. We may collect details of your visits to the SNEPTN Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. This is statistical data about users’ equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about user preferences, allowing us to customize the SNEPTN Website a according to user interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the SNEPTN Website.
We do not collect information automatically, but we may tie this information to your previously submitted information.
Use of Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us in the following ways:
- To present the SNEPTN Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us about the SNEPTN.
- To carry out the purposes of the SNEPTN in accordance with the federal Transforming Clinical Practices Initiative.
- To notify you about changes related to the SEPTN.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose information that you provide via the SNEPTN Website to the following third parties:
- Our affiliates and agents.
- Contractors and service providers we use to support the SNEPTN activities.
- Federal or State government programs in connection with the SNEPTN.
We may also disclose your information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of the University of Massachusetts Medical, the SNEPTN, participants, or others.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Outreach from the SNEPTN. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for outreach purposes by the SNEPTN, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to PracticeTransformationNetwork@umassmed.edu. You can also always opt-out of receiving e-mail information from us other than the e-mail informing you of the completion of registration by sending us an e-mail stating your request to PracticeTransformationNetwork@umassmed.edu.
- If we have sent you a SNEPTN outreach e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
Restrictions on Use of the SNEPTN Website
- not to place unlawful, false or misleading information on the SNEPTN Website;
- not to input or upload information that infringes on the rights of a third party, including protected health information, personally identifiable information, privacy rights, or intellectual property rights;
- not to use or access any service, information, application or software available via the SNEPTN Website in a manner not expressly permitted by SNEPTN;
- not to input or upload to the SNEPTN Website any information that contains viruses, Ransomware, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system, the Website or information or that infringes the rights of another; and
- not to use or access the SNEPTN Website in any way that adversely affects the performance or function of the SNEPTN systems, services, or the Website or interferes with the ability of authorized parties to access the SNEPTN systems, services or the website;
- to comply with all user responsibilities and obligations as stated in these terms and conditions.
The SNEPTN has implemented measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the SNEPTN Website. Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
Accessing Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at PracticeTransformationNetwork@umassmed.edu to request access to, correct, or delete any information that you have provided to us.
The SNEPTN Website may contain links to other websites for your convenience. However, the University of Massachusetts Medical School does not claim responsibility for the content, information, or privacy and security policy contained on those other websites, and does not exert any editorial or other control over those sites. The University of Massachusetts Medical School does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the specific services or products referenced at other websites linked to the SNEPTN Website, unless explicitly stated.
Choice of Law and Venue